Tüm reklamları gizlemek için premium alın
Gönderiler: 106   Ziyaret edenler: 752 users

Orjinal gönderi

Tarafından gönderildi tophat, 25.01.2013 - 21:24
This is the second time I try to bring this idea along, I'll try my best to convince you to love this new strategy and I will attempt to make it as balance and as interesting as possible.

What is Hybrid Warfare? or HW?

It's a military strategy that mixes various forms of warfare such as conventional and irregular warfare, which fits well with the current units that AW consists of. Hybrid Warfare (HW) also blends different types of warfare such as biological and cyber warfare but those wouldn't work well with what AW currently is. So lets just stick with a blend of conventional and irregular warfare tactics.

Hybrid Warfare originally became famous after the American Revolution, where it was used by generals like George Washington. Basically said, hybrid warfare was a combination of large armies of expendable and decently trained militias forming perimeters to fight various fronts, while having a stronger core of infantry units guarding the center where the general was. Thus, using tactics such as stealth and the use of conventional weapons.

The part that makes it hybrid, is the mix between conventional and irregular warfare. In AW terms, we would therefore compare these tactics with the units the game currently amounts of. For example, a bonus to infantry defense in cities would fit well with the HW principles. A boost to militia attack and range would be needed. And finally, having very cheap marine units with a slight boost to defense at the cost of a much lower attack would fit very well in Hybrid Warfare's "irregular" form of warfare.

Arbitrator's Suggestion (IMO better)

new unit stats (change only)
Land
Infantry 1 atk(-3) 7 def(+1) 85 cost (+15)
Tank 9 atk(+1) 1 def(-3) 130 cost(+10)
Marine 6 atk(-1) 2def(-1) 80 cost(-80) + loses defence in city bonus. (so overall -2 def)
Militia: 4 atk(+1) 3 range(+1) 30 cost
Subs 5 atk(-2) 3 def(-2) 3 cap (+1) 175 cost(-25) (delib made it so subs can't help take city)

major nerfs
bombers 4 atk(-2) 4 def(-2)
stealth 5 atk(-2) 4 def(-2)
transports 350cost(+100) 7 range(-2)
Air trans 750cost(+150) 11 range(-2)
Helicopters get no bonuses against militia/infantry
Anyways this is it. Please comment and discuss it. I believe it is pretty balanced, so there shouldn't be other boost/nerf suggestions, unless you think of something better. But I don't want people changing the point of this strategy. Modifying it is fine, but changing it is not.

Have fun!
30.01.2013 - 21:50
sandtime
Hesap silindi
Sighs* i support
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
31.01.2013 - 20:23
I think that the only modification that needs to be added is marines to be 100, instead of 80, but either way, I support
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
01.02.2013 - 13:17
Just to clarify before the possible implementation. These are the boosts and nerfs we've concluded with:

Boosts
Infantry 1 atk(-3) 7 def(+1) 85 cost (+15)
Tank 9 atk(+1) 1 def(-3) 130 cost(+10)
Marine 6 atk(-1) 2def(-1) 80 cost(-80) + loses defence in city bonus. (so overall -2 def)
Subs 5 atk(-2) 3 def(-2) 3 cap (+1) 175 cost(-25) (delib made it so subs can't help take city)

Nerfs
bombers 4 atk(-2) 4 def(-2)
stealth 5 atk(-2) 4 def(-2)
transports 350cost(+100) 7 range(-2)
Air trans 750cost(+150) 11 range(-2)
Helicopters get no bonuses against militia/infantry
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
01.02.2013 - 14:01
-Support
Can't wait to try it in-game
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
01.02.2013 - 18:30
Actually, I just realised, there's no possible way for helicopters to not get bonuses against infs, as the supposed attack boost is actually a defence nerf for infantry against helis. Unless Amok implements a attack bonus/nerf, you can't remove the defencive nerf in other players against your helis.

I'd just decrease heli attack by 1.

And yes, I can't wait either. High time for a new strat to mix things up.
----
"If in other sciences we are to arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics."
-The Opus Major of Roger Bacon
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
03.02.2013 - 14:41
How do we get this new strat?
----
Deutsch überwältigt

Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
04.02.2013 - 16:43
AlexMeza
Hesap silindi
Tarafından yazıldı Richthofen, 03.02.2013 at 14:41

How do we get this new strat?

It is not implemented yet.
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
13.02.2013 - 18:02
Just a reminder. As Amok promised implementation if enough supporters.
----
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
13.02.2013 - 18:19
GC + GW = OP.

Tarafından yazıldı tophat, 01.02.2013 at 13:17

Hm...
----

http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=14714&topicsearch=&page=
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
14.02.2013 - 03:50
Dont support
----
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
14.02.2013 - 21:50
Tarafından yazıldı Guest, 14.02.2013 at 06:50

Tarafından yazıldı avatar, 14.02.2013 at 03:50

Dont support

Agreed

No supporting opinion with no constructive criticism.

Therefore this is dismissed.

It's not just about the current stats of the strategy, the point is to implement a new strategy to add fun and a bit of new to the game. If you see something you don't like, please add some tips, advice, ... something. Just saying "don't support" doesn't help us, and could possibly mean you're trying to cockblock this thread.

I hope mods give you warning for this.
----
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
15.02.2013 - 02:03
Sexii Spart
Hesap silindi
Tarafından yazıldı Guest, 14.02.2013 at 22:06

I was agreeing with avatar, so why are you picking on me? Also i think people saying they don't support something even if they don't write a paragraph why still shows people that not everyone is on board. I don't see you saying to people who said support, can you explain why you support this... Also this is a forum not a hook up so I doubt im cockblocking anyone from getting some. As for reasoning as for why i don"t support this is that I feel it does not provide a different enough strategy. it is more a mixture of existing strategies and I would prefer new strategies to have merit and originally on there own and encourage entirely new different play styles instead of just altered play styles. All the strategies we have now fill a specific niche while the hybrid strategy suggested here I feel doesn't fill any niche and is more of a filler. I would prefer AW don't add filler features and instead surprises and encourages its users. So i will say again i don't support implementing this, that isnt to say though that i think its idea is bad, and i dislike it. I just think we can do something better and more creative.

Also please do not personally attack people on the forums. :/ if you must send me any angry pms go ahead but there is no reason to post about it here. i don't wish to be a victim of Feelin Cutes smear campaigns against certain players.

Agreed with Terminal. I don't see you questioning Avatar or Reckoner, so don't pick on Terminal just because you may assume he is "new" to AW. Anyway, I wish you good luck Tophats with this strategy. It looks good and with a little bit more of modifying, this strategy can go places. I don't usually give feedback here because that is something I am not good at

Good luck though (totally support )
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
15.02.2013 - 15:15
Tarafından yazıldı Guest, 15.02.2013 at 02:03

Tarafından yazıldı Guest, 14.02.2013 at 22:06

I was agreeing with avatar, so why are you picking on me? Also i think people saying they don't support something even if they don't write a paragraph why still shows people that not everyone is on board. I don't see you saying to people who said support, can you explain why you support this... Also this is a forum not a hook up so I doubt im cockblocking anyone from getting some. As for reasoning as for why i don"t support this is that I feel it does not provide a different enough strategy. it is more a mixture of existing strategies and I would prefer new strategies to have merit and originally on there own and encourage entirely new different play styles instead of just altered play styles. All the strategies we have now fill a specific niche while the hybrid strategy suggested here I feel doesn't fill any niche and is more of a filler. I would prefer AW don't add filler features and instead surprises and encourages its users. So i will say again i don't support implementing this, that isnt to say though that i think its idea is bad, and i dislike it. I just think we can do something better and more creative.

Also please do not personally attack people on the forums. :/ if you must send me any angry pms go ahead but there is no reason to post about it here. i don't wish to be a victim of Feelin Cutes smear campaigns against certain players.

Agreed with Terminal. I don't see you questioning Avatar or Reckoner, so don't pick on Terminal just because you may assume he is "new" to AW. Anyway, I wish you good luck Tophats with this strategy. It looks good and with a little bit more of modifying, this strategy can go places. I don't usually give feedback here because that is something I am not good at

Good luck though (totally support )

I was directing it to both you and avatar, not just you. It's not at all a personal attack, I just think you should add some substance to your post instead of deciding the fate of it.

Thanks for integrating this into your post however.
----
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
17.02.2013 - 03:04
Everything looks good support but will Amok add it? There really not much you can add now its just perfect.
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
19.02.2013 - 20:17
Ascended God
Hesap silindi
They can still add many things and then balence it as they go or make a beta.
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
02.03.2013 - 16:11
This thread is entitled for a bump I hope. For all the reasons above and the support it has received. Amok even said they were going to implement it. Just bumping as a reminder in case they forgot. And of course, for further examination and adjustments.
----
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
03.03.2013 - 01:10
Still supported. Nothing needs to be changed as far as I can see.
----
"If in other sciences we are to arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics."
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
09.03.2013 - 06:46
Blackshark
Hesap silindi
So basicly a strat where you use Marines and Inf?
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
09.03.2013 - 16:12
The point is that you can use pretty much anything except air units.
----
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
09.03.2013 - 23:01
Blackshark
Hesap silindi
Tarafından yazıldı Mathdino, 09.03.2013 at 16:12

The point is that you can use pretty much anything except air units.
Oh, thanks!
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
10.03.2013 - 07:34
Support. This is balanced and should get implemented
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
20.03.2013 - 15:17
I support this. =) Voted Up.
----
www.facebook.com/GreenHavenOrg

http://thegreenhavenproject.org/
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
26.03.2013 - 02:05
Bump.
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
06.05.2013 - 12:10
Bumping this again. It's been a long time and Amok did in fact say he would implement it, in this very thread.
----
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
06.05.2013 - 13:05
 Amok (Yönetici)
Tarafından yazıldı tophat, 06.05.2013 at 12:10

Bumping this again. It's been a long time and Amok did in fact say he would implement it, in this very thread.

Sorry, I completely forgot about this. Have you reached some sort of conclusion on the stats?
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
06.05.2013 - 13:08
Tarafından yazıldı Amok, 06.05.2013 at 13:05

Sorry, I completely forgot about this. Have you reached some sort of conclusion on the stats?

Yes, we chose arbitrator's over mine. So essentially, the ones in the original post. We changed the cost of marines and lowered a few other things of which I honestly don't remember. However, we did reach a conclusion a while ago, everyone seems on board with the current stats. Mathdino reviewed it also and said there is no need for further adjustments.

Thanks for the response!
----
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
06.05.2013 - 13:37
 Amok (Yönetici)
Tarafından yazıldı tophat, 06.05.2013 at 13:08

Yes, we chose arbitrator's over mine. So essentially, the ones in the original post. We changed the cost of marines and lowered a few other things of which I honestly don't remember. However, we did reach a conclusion a while ago, everyone seems on board with the current stats. Mathdino reviewed it also and said there is no need for further adjustments.

Thanks for the response!

Great, I'll make sure to add it tomorrow then!
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
06.05.2013 - 13:49
Tarafından yazıldı Amok, 06.05.2013 at 13:37

Thanks for the response!

Awesome!
----
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
06.05.2013 - 14:49
Tarafından yazıldı tophat, 06.05.2013 at 13:49

Tarafından yazıldı Amok, 06.05.2013 at 13:37

Thanks for the response!

Awesome!

lies, he will added it as soon as you disconnect
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
07.05.2013 - 03:41
 Amok (Yönetici)
Hybrid Warfare is now available through the purchasable upgrade (35000 SP)!
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Gizlilik | Kullanım Şartları | Afişler | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Bize katılın

Herkese duyurun