Tüm reklamları gizlemek için premium alın
Gönderiler: 103   Ziyaret edenler: 216 users

Orjinal gönderi

Tarafından gönderildi Heinz_GuderianIQ, 09.12.2021 - 14:40
As a longtime member, I am always looking for ways to improve our community and encourage new members. I think that Scenarios Maps are an excellent complement to the standard World Maps and EU maps.

We should have Marathon-Scenario-Map Days a few days out of the week. On these days we pick one of the most popular Senario Map in a specific category and host only that same map in that category, all day, back to back. This way people can play the maps they like best.

I propose that we begin by testing this concept a few days a week, ie Thurday, Saturday, Sunday, or whatever combination of days. We would vote to host the most popular map in a given category (IE. WW1 / WW2, Ancient / Rise of Rome, Fantasy 3rd age / 4th age, ect). Then we simply rotate the category for the next Marathon-Map-Day and decide which scenario map to host for that day. We can use a poll perhapse?

Among the many benefits for hosting Marathon-Scenario-Map Days include;

1) Enjoy playing more and waiting less! - No more waiting around for an hour (or hours!) for a game to fill and start or fail because there are numerous other scenario maps being hosted.

2) Instant remake! -If game fails, there is instant remake, quick fill and start.

3) Develop familiarity and experience with a particular scenario map! -This is especially important to newer, up and coming scenario players. Most scenario maps are played on rare occasion, 1x every 2 weeks. This offers little hope of newer player participation because of the complexity of scenario maps, with particular events, unit types, and specific faction play styles.

4) Improve quantity and quality of Senario map players!

5) More actual games= more active community! -Guys let's face the fact, our community is not as active as it used to be. We are lucky to get more than 2 scenario map plays on a weekend, and more than 1 full entire game on a weekday, of course this is after waiting around all afternoon, after 2,3, or even 4 failed games for an actual game. This can only leads to less active members in the future.

6) (Feel free to add to this list? :-)

We can start hosting Marathon-Scenario-Map Days Thursday, Saturday, Sunday.

-Thursday -Ancient map: most popular map of the daily / weekly poll.

-Saturday -WW1 / WW2 category - (Fact is this catagory has the greatest amount of appeal to the scenario players in the community) most popular map of the weekly poll.

-Sunday- Fantasy Category - (most popular map of the weekly poll).

Please make your suggestions! Perhaps we can use a poll to have a final vote on which days to assign to which scenario maps. I would also assume we would need admin to support the concept.
30.12.2021 - 20:31
Tarafından yazıldı Ciel Marronier, 30.12.2021 at 11:22

Tarafından yazıldı sirivann, 30.12.2021 at 00:32

Tarafından yazıldı Heinz_GuderianIQ, 29.12.2021 at 22:57

Tarafından yazıldı sirivann, 28.12.2021 at 12:58

Tarafından yazıldı Heinz_GuderianIQ, 28.12.2021 at 12:00

Tarafından yazıldı sirivann, 26.12.2021 at 22:47

....(some of us bought lifetime premium instead of just general pack because we wanted the ability to host whatever/whenever we want lol..

Please refrence the posts above posted on; 24.12.2021 - 18:17 and 25.12.2021 - 15:32 in response to Zephyrusu... Then feel free to share your input (Please remember to post in a mature and constructive manner :-)

man fuck off

By the way, this website costs money to host. Unlike hosting your "games" which are free for you, it probably costs many hundreds of dollars per month to host this site. Just so you know, you having "bought premium", ages ago, is presently contributing nothing towards the upkeep costs of maintaining and hosting this site.... At this point, you are also clearly doing little to support up and coming new players or our community in general (it seems just the opposite)...

You act as a gatekeeper, preventing new members from transitioning into scenario maps, instead of showing them support, or giving back to our community in anyway (ie. explaining, teaching, instead of bragging of your "rank", and "skills", not to mention trolling or banning players)... Did it ever occur to you that maybe you are discouraging newer members who would consider purchasing sp for upgrades or purchasing premium membership?

How many people have the likes of you and your behavior discouraged from them doing so? (I wonder, does it even matter to you if newer players support the game by making purchases?)

NO WAY THE GAME COST MONEY TO HOST? so what? its called lifetime premium for a reason, if you dont like that the game offered that in exchange for money then go complain to the games owner not to fucking me lmao,

atWar is a free to play game -
i found this on FAQ guide,so let them take care on how to pay the money

Yes, Atwar is a free game to play, as it states in the FAQ. But please keep in mind that this wonderful "free game" is also player supported. So when you say "let 'them' take care on how to pay the money", them is really 'us' in a sense.
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
31.12.2021 - 08:21
Let me release you from your pain.
Gather your all friends you think are and will follow you and do this what ever you are proposing and keep it in between them , while you do this activity alongside your friends players who ever wants to play that map joins and helps you fill it, don't ever think people who have different taste will ever appreciate this idea as you have seen from past days, instead of arguing just let it go and start with your marathon activity alongside all supporters and players who appreciate this idea.
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
31.12.2021 - 08:29
Tarafından yazıldı Ivan., 31.12.2021 at 08:21

Gather your all friends you think are and will follow you and do this what ever you are proposing and keep it in between them , while you do this activity alongside your friends players who ever wants to play that map joins and helps you fill it, don't ever think people who have different taste will ever appreciate this idea as you have seen from past days, instead of arguing just let it go and start with your marathon activity alongside all supporters and players who appreciate this idea.

heinz said he wont let anyone host anything beside the marathon map
----
Throughout heaven and earth, i alone am the honored one
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
31.12.2021 - 08:43
Tarafından yazıldı Ciel Marronier, 31.12.2021 at 08:29

He does not have the authority to do so , nor the supporters and the mods so let him be in his fantasy world if he wants to be.
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
08.01.2022 - 19:02
Tarafından yazıldı Ivan., 31.12.2021 at 08:43

He does not have the authority to do so , nor the supporters and the mods so let him be in his fantasy world if he wants to be.

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, a majority of members I have on my friends list are either no longer active, or rarely log on these days.

There seems to be a misunderstanding, which is continuous, that "Heinz" wants to "ban people", ect. This is not the case whatsoever. All "Heinz" is doing is simply pointing out the facts and suggesting an experimental "Marathon-Scenario-Map day" concept. Once again, can we please focus on these topics instead of "Heinz"?

I see your point, but I don't agree that this should be a "private group", or for "noobs", ect- for many reasons… Just a couple of reasons, which relate to our discussion, include;

1) We don't have enough active members to host a successful "Marathon-Scenario-Map" day concept simultaneously with regular scenario games. If we don't have enough players to have more than 1 or 2 games on a very active day (ie New Year's day holiday) then there is no chance of this working.

2) This is a experiment, not a new "system", written in stone, until the end of time. We can adjust things as we go along.

"don't ever think people who have different taste will ever appreciate this idea as you have seen from past days" - Yes, I agree. There are always differences in taste, naturally. In fact, this is one of the major causes of games failing. Since every individual member has a different taste to some extent, People host multiple maps at the same time.

Members then begin "jumping back and forth" from one map to another and consequently failing both or all maps in the process of being hosted before any of them start! Perhaps some form of structure and organization is missing here? Would a common consensus make things a lot more functional for everyone?

I will make another post on here, summarizing all the major points made on this post. The post will include a list of positive reasons as well as a list of negative reasons / arguments for the concept.
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
09.01.2022 - 02:11
Tarafından yazıldı Heinz_GuderianIQ, 08.01.2022 at 19:02

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, a majority of members I have on my friends list are either no longer active, or rarely log on these days.

There seems to be a misunderstanding, which is continuous, that "Heinz" wants to "ban people", ect. This is not the case whatsoever. All "Heinz" is doing is simply pointing out the facts and suggesting an experimental "Marathon-Scenario-Map day" concept. Once again, can we please focus on these topics instead of "Heinz"?

I see your point, but I don't agree that this should be a "private group", or for "noobs", ect- for many reasons… Just a couple of reasons, which relate to our discussion, include;

1) We don't have enough active members to host a successful "Marathon-Scenario-Map" day concept simultaneously with regular scenario games. If we don't have enough players to have more than 1 or 2 games on a very active day (ie New Year's day holiday) then there is no chance of this working.

2) This is a experiment, not a new "system", written in stone, until the end of time. We can adjust things as we go along.

"don't ever think people who have different taste will ever appreciate this idea as you have seen from past days" - Yes, I agree. There are always differences in taste, naturally. In fact, this is one of the major causes of games failing. Since every individual member has a different taste to some extent, People host multiple maps at the same time.

Members then begin "jumping back and forth" from one map to another and consequently failing both or all maps in the process of being hosted before any of them start! Perhaps some form of structure and organization is missing here? Would a common consensus make things a lot more functional for everyone?

I will make another post on here, summarizing all the major points made on this post. The post will include a list of positive reasons as well as a list of negative reasons / arguments for the concept.

That's the point there are not enough players where more than 2 maps can be hosted or even more than 1 so, instead of doing so much effort just host the map you want to play and let the time decide, if it fails then simply accept your fate and join other map.
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
09.01.2022 - 15:49
Tarafından yazıldı Ivan., 09.01.2022 at 02:11

That's the point there are not enough players where more than 2 maps can be hosted or even more than 1 so, instead of doing so much effort just host the map you want to play and let the time decide, if it fails then simply accept your fate and join other map.

Allow me to clarify the example made about the "2 games played on the New year's day holiday " - Once again, this post, "Marathon-Scenario-Map Day" is only regarding scenario maps, (as the name suggests). This does not include FFA / RP, E.U. or World Maps. We had 2 scenario games for the entire day- not simultaneously (1st. 11 player scenario in the morning. Then multiple failed games, 2sec. game was late afternoon, a 4 player ancient / Rome map - for the entire day).

Regarding your point, yes this is the same old way it has always worked, since the creation of this game (approximately 10 years ago). Again, let's revisit the arguments mentioned earlier;

Just because something worked for 10 years, doesn't mean it's going to work for another 10 years. The decline of our active community base is clearly indicating this fact. The essence of your argument is "why re-invent the wheel?" Those who oppose the concept want to just continue things the way they are now (same old way they have been for the past 10 years)....

Yes, the old way can continue to work for another 10 years, with the same results (currently a downward trajectory), or perhaps better results (who knows?). But, that doesn't mean that we shouldn't try new things. That we can't have new ideas. And we stop innovating and imagining ways on how to improve.
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
09.01.2022 - 16:02
Tarafından yazıldı Heinz_GuderianIQ, 09.01.2022 at 15:49

Yes, the old way can continue to work for another 10 years, with the same results (currently a downward trajectory), or perhaps better results (who knows?). But, that doesn't mean that we shouldn't try new things. That we can't have new ideas. And we stop innovating and imagining ways on how to improve.

Ok kiddo, for certain reason your "sugestions" posts are being kept while many ones did by many longer active people than you (Alois, Ivann, and many other former suporters) are only collecting dust and let me say to you, they where by far better sugestions than those noob and pointless sugestions you made. Just let the strategy and the direction the game is heading to the game owner and stop making this non sense threads.
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
10.01.2022 - 09:41

Allow me to clarify the example made about the "2 games played on the New year's day holiday " - Once again, this post, "Marathon-Scenario-Map Day" is only regarding scenario maps, (as the name suggests). This does not include FFA / RP, E.U. or World Maps. We had 2 scenario games for the entire day- not simultaneously (1st. 11 player scenario in the morning. Then multiple failed games, 2sec. game was late afternoon, a 4 player ancient / Rome map - for the entire day).

Regarding your point, yes this is the same old way it has always worked, since the creation of this game (approximately 10 years ago). Again, let's revisit the arguments mentioned earlier;

Just because something worked for 10 years, doesn't mean it's going to work for another 10 years. The decline of our active community base is clearly indicating this fact. The essence of your argument is "why re-invent the wheel?" Those who oppose the concept want to just continue things the way they are now (same old way they have been for the past 10 years)....

Keep on wasting your energy no one is interested what you are proposing.
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
11.01.2022 - 11:16

if this is an experiment then let the people decide he want to join or no,if someone didnt want to join then dont force him
----
Throughout heaven and earth, i alone am the honored one
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
15.01.2022 - 12:38
Tarafından yazıldı Ivan., 10.01.2022 at 09:41

Keep on wasting your energy no one is interested what you are proposing.

I will, thank you. Again, this is your opinion, there are many supporters. I'm just curious, did you enjoy waiting for over an hour in Kaiserreich 1937 scenario only to see it to get to 10/12 then fail? (Saturday 1/15/22). I think the real waste of energy is trying to get a game to commence, only to see it fail over and over again.... That's why the formerly active players stopped logging on, especially weekend players. For them, hanging out in the lobby and waiting for a game to be hosted, then constantly keeping watch on the game "starting", for upwards of an hour or more, becomes boring and tedious. Any benefit / enjoyment of successfully starting a scenario map game are outweighed by the effort and time.
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
15.01.2022 - 13:10
Keep wasting your energy, let this kind of propossals to our Op supporters and mods.
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
15.01.2022 - 17:27
Tarafından yazıldı Marcos_VzR, 15.01.2022 at 13:10

Keep wasting your energy, let this kind of propossals to our Op supporters and mods.

Marcos, at this point it is you who is "wasting your energy", by simply acting as an echo chamber :-)
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Gizlilik | Kullanım Şartları | Afişler | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Bize katılın

Herkese duyurun