Tüm reklamları gizlemek için premium alın
Gönderiler: 52   Ziyaret edenler: 226 users
12.03.2014 - 11:42
 Acquiesce (Mod)
My suggestion is simple. Players should be able to alter the reinforcement turns by +1 or -1 turn. Everything stays the same except the frequency of the reinforcement turns. This will create a fresh dynamic for competitive AW 3v3 and gives map makers more freedom too.

Example:
Standard Rate- 1, 5, 9, 13, 17, 21, …
+1 Rate- 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26, …
-1 Rate- 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, …

Yeah you're welcome.
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
12.03.2014 - 11:44
Death1812
Hesap silindi
Support
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
12.03.2014 - 11:46

Will do us in trouble and need a lot of of mathematics
----
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
12.03.2014 - 11:46
+10 rate
----
"evoL is that place you go to to find yourself
and then ditch when you're pro and want to hang out with the other players we made" - Sasori
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
12.03.2014 - 11:48
 Acquiesce (Mod)
Tarafından yazıldı JUGERS2, 12.03.2014 at 11:46

How do you mean?

First of all the game tells you "x weeks" until reinforcements. Also it's just simple arithmetic not advanced mathematics. It's literally just counting.
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
12.03.2014 - 11:50
Tarafından yazıldı Acquiesce, 12.03.2014 at 11:48

Tarafından yazıldı JUGERS2, 12.03.2014 at 11:46

How do you mean?

First of all the game tells you "x weeks" until reinforcements. Also it's just simple arithmetic not advanced mathematics. It's literally just counting.

Still dont support.Rich countrys like frc germ and uk will be op with all those reinforces.
----
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
12.03.2014 - 11:52
 Acquiesce (Mod)
Tarafından yazıldı JUGERS2, 12.03.2014 at 11:50

Still dont support.Rich countrys like frc germ and uk will be op with all those reinforces.

Or they will be weaker with less reinforcements with +1. The whole point is to create a change in the game dynamic so if some countries become stronger/weaker then I'd say that's a good thing.
----
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
12.03.2014 - 11:56
AlexMeza
Hesap silindi
Support, more features would be nice. Balancing shouldn't be considered since it's just one more feature to adjust, like units stats. It would be like an option or something to edit in mapmaking, not like you can turn it on/off, right? If so, then

EDIT: Scenarios have this option already, but they are very limited. There are 2/3 options (can't remember ;_;) only. It would be nice if it was just a number you could change, how often reinforcements are available.
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
12.03.2014 - 12:42
Support, sounds like a good idea!
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
12.03.2014 - 14:20
Hmm does this mean the +1 rate would get x % more reinf, and -1 would get x % less? If so, totally support!

EDIT: There should be a way to know when ur opponent gets reins.
----
We are not the same - I am a Martian.
We are not the same - I am a... divided constellation?

Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
12.03.2014 - 14:51
Tarafından yazıldı The Tactician, 12.03.2014 at 14:20

Hmm does this mean the +1 rate would get x % more reinf, and -1 would get x % less? If so, totally support!

I think he means it would be a game setting, as in it changes the reinforcement cycle for all players.
----
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
12.03.2014 - 15:05
Oh all players, maybe yea would be fun. I like my suggestion too. :p
----

Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
12.03.2014 - 15:07
Tarafından yazıldı EndsOfInvention, 12.03.2014 at 14:51

Tarafından yazıldı The Tactician, 12.03.2014 at 14:20

I think he means it would be a game setting, as in it changes the reinforcement cycle for all players.

support !
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
12.03.2014 - 15:07
No support cuz it's acqui, didnt bother reading it <3
----
"My words are my bullets."-John Lydon

Spart is love
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
12.03.2014 - 15:08
 Acquiesce (Mod)
Tarafından yazıldı EndsOfInvention, 12.03.2014 at 14:51

Correct.
----
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
12.03.2014 - 15:09
Tarafından yazıldı Guest, 12.03.2014 at 11:56

Support, more features would be nice. Balancing shouldn't be considered since it's just one more feature to adjust, like units stats. It would be like an option or something to edit in mapmaking, not like you can turn it on/off, right? If so, then

EDIT: Scenarios have this option already, but they are very limited. There are 2/3 options (can't remember ;_;) only. It would be nice if it was just a number you could change, how often reinforcements are available.

Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
12.03.2014 - 15:09
Eh, support.
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
13.03.2014 - 00:49
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
13.03.2014 - 00:58
 Leaf
Holy fuck. This will actually affect the game more than you would imagine. It'll potentially and most definitely will change the pace, dynamics and economy of the game.

And whether this is for the better or worse, it shouldn't matter too much since I imagine that we'll always be able to play with the default reinforcement turns if this turns out to be awry which is highly doubtful.

Support.
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
13.03.2014 - 03:50
Too bad the admins don't even take 5 min of their time to check the forum, when this has lots of support (which is already has some) id PM it to the admins, Acqui.
----

Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
13.03.2014 - 07:30
 Acquiesce (Mod)
Tarafından yazıldı Leaf, 13.03.2014 at 00:58

Holy fuck. This will actually affect the game more than you would imagine. It'll potentially and most definitely will change the pace, dynamics and economy of the game.

Yeah I realize this but I didn't want to scare people off of the idea lol. That's why I only suggested +1 and -1. Everyone complains about gameplay becoming stale and this minor change should actually have huge implications. I'm just surprised it wasn't suggested before.

Tarafından yazıldı The Tactician, 13.03.2014 at 03:50

Too bad the admins don't even take 5 min of their time to check the forum, when this has lots of support (which is already has some) id PM it to the admins, Acqui.

I'll wait for some more responses and ideas and then see what I can do.
----
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
13.03.2014 - 14:09
Thinkable
----
Love, peace and respect.
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
13.03.2014 - 14:15
Support. But they need to make sure that it is stated once the game starts (just like victory condition).
----
"Riddle me this, Riddle me that...?" - The Riddler

Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
14.03.2014 - 03:52
 Leaf
Tarafından yazıldı clovis1122, 13.03.2014 at 16:58

With +1 reinf turn, mean turkey will have better time for fight ukraine since turkey usually have more units count. You can see this more often in close games. " oh I failed cap... but wait I have more unit count and reinformeds are to 5." units count > countrys + reinformeds.

With -1 reinf turn... will be the same. Units count doenst really matte here since you will have reinf in 3 turns, but is not the same.... turkey fast reinf will serioust overfuck you. Of couse a good ukraine can turn this on his favor, but it is not the chase. In low scale it many charge and be totally opposite. country + reinf > units count.

There is more to AW than pure unit count. You need to realise that when you alter the frequency of new reinforcements, whether that's + or - 1 only changes how often you're able to recruit again. Obviously, this means that it will either slow or quicken the game pace, that's not damaging to the game at all, it's just that the things are happening much faster.

Now, what you're forgetting is how this would affect the economy of the game. I'm rather tired right now so I may not be as coherent as I intend to be with my explanation. Because the income of countries is not changing, this means that if the reinforcement turns are reduced to -1, not only does this mean that players are able to recruit more units more frequently, but they will need to manage their income so that they are able to make full use of each reinforcement turn, because as you already know it is good to use up all your reinforcements points before the next reinforcement turn. This is because players will need to spend their money more frequently in order to use up their reinforcements before the next reinforcement turn arrives. Subsequently, this means that troop expenses increase much faster than usual. This changes two things; rich countries become more powerful than they already are AND cheap strategies also become more powerful.

Now, if you were capable of handling my (probably) broken syntax (and semantics) from my sleep deprivation, you will understand how making reinforcement turns -1 will affect the game. Therefore, it should be clear how it will affect the game if it is then changed to +1. It obviously will have the opposite affect. When the reinforcement turns become less frequent, there is not going to be as many chances where players will be able to recruit new units. In contrast to the first explanation, the lower amount of units means that troop expenses will be significantly lower and thus even countries with bad income will have enough time to accumulate a reasonable sum of money to use up when it happens to be a reinforcement turn; making countries with bad income more than viable to play. Another change is that more expensive strategies will become stronger and playable.

I am more than certain that this little change in how frequent reinforcement turns occur will affect many other things, not only the economy which already brings about interesting changes. I'll get back to you with that one if players are still incapable of seeing how this little idea Acq has will change the gameplay. For now, fuck off. I can't think straight; I need sleep. Good night.
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
14.03.2014 - 21:36
Support
----
If the king does not lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?

Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
13.09.2014 - 19:45
 Acquiesce (Mod)
Bump
----
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
13.09.2014 - 22:11
Total Support, this would be awesome, also it could be added as a setting for map makers to add what turns units could be bought, it would really enlarge the custom sense of atwar
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
13.09.2014 - 23:03
----
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
14.09.2014 - 07:48
Support, I don't see any reason why this can't be tried. It all upto us how we are going to use it.
----
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Gizlilik | Kullanım Şartları | Afişler | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Bize katılın

Herkese duyurun