Tüm reklamları gizlemek için premium alın
Gönderiler: 4   Ziyaret edenler: 24 users
24.04.2016 - 12:51
This happened earlier today too, when I first logged in, and now again while I'm spectating a CW, with no other tabs open
I'm receiving PRs of conversations between unknown players of an unknown game. They're all having an entire conversation with me as a spectator.
Its getting really irksome and confusing.

----

Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
24.04.2016 - 18:35
Tarafından yazıldı Darth., 24.04.2016 at 12:51

It's the classic /pr bug, and it happened because you changed your name to Darth. Let me explain.

Because you type in /pr <playername> < message> the sfystem that works out where pr's are supposed to go doesn't know where the playername endsofinvention and the message starts because playernames can be composed of multiple words. So it just goes along the text and the first time it finds a word (or words) that match an online playername it sends the rest of the text as the message to that player.

The messages sent to you began with Gayder so the person they were meant for must be Darth Gayder. The system just saw Darth first and thought that must be the person the rest of the text was intended for. So you got all his messages.

Simple solution = change your name to something that isn't likely to be the beginning of someone else's name

/case closed

PS: Darth Gayder is a crap name. I pity anyone who thought they would come up with that as a joke.
PPS: Misdirecting messages like this is a great way to troll someone
----
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
24.04.2016 - 22:06
Tarafından yazıldı EndsOfInvention, 24.04.2016 at 18:35

Tarafından yazıldı Darth., 24.04.2016 at 12:51

It's the classic /pr bug, and it happened because you changed your name to Darth. Let me explain.

Because you type in /pr <playername> < message> the sfystem that works out where pr's are supposed to go doesn't know where the playername endsofinvention and the message starts because playernames can be composed of multiple words. So it just goes along the text and the first time it finds a word (or words) that match an online playername it sends the rest of the text as the message to that player.

The messages sent to you began with Gayder so the person they were meant for must be Darth Gayder. The system just saw Darth first and thought that must be the person the rest of the text was intended for. So you got all his messages.

But he's also obviously receiving those same messages, because as I said they're having a conversation
So the messages are going both to him, and to me.... Not just me as the /pr bug does what you said.

Alıntı yap:

Simple solution = change your name to something that isn't likely to be the beginning of someone else's name

I asked Ivan to delete an inactive account so I could take this name
It's the nickname everyone calls me by so I'm reluctant to change it. Is the bug likely to be fixed anytime soon?

Alıntı yap:

/case closed

PS: Darth Gayder is a crap name. I pity anyone who thought they would come up with that as a joke.

Haha I agree

Alıntı yap:

PPS: Misdirecting messages like this is a great way to troll someone

You naughty little troller you!
----

Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
25.04.2016 - 02:22
Im not sure this can be fixed.

More like that we have fo find a solution.
I have proposed this before for the same reason,but i think using special characters between the gap of someone's name like"-" or "_" would help the situation.

Just saying.
----
Yükleniyor...
Yükleniyor...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Gizlilik | Kullanım Şartları | Afişler | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Bize katılın

Herkese duyurun